How To Install Your Newturf Grass
Once you purchase artificial grass the next decision is whether you get it professionally installed or want to DIY. If you consider yourself a bit of a handyman, by all means, you can lay your own turf. Here are some helpful instructions on how to do it yourself.
1. Using a rope or hose, layout the proposed area. Excavate the area to a depth of 80mm. Sprinklers may be capped or removed at this stage.
2. Lay 80mm of crushed rock/roadbase and compact with vibrating plate. The level of crushed rock/roadbase, when compacted, should be 15-20mm below “finished height” of surrounding edging/paving.
3. Lay your Newturf lawn grass, making sure you start from one edge and roll out. Cut the overhanging quantities with a sharp Stanley knife. Remove the ‘salvage’, black strip, from both sides of the grass. This cannot be used to join the grass.
4. When joining rolls of grass together, be sure to use the Newturf Joining Tape along the seams. Using a 3mm tooth tiling trowel, apply Newturf Exterior Grade Glue evenly along Joining Tape as you go.
5. Once you have covered the complete area, simply nail all of the perimeters down at 500mm intervals using 150mm flat head nails. This must also be applied to the joining seams.
6. Top dress the grass with an even sprinkling of fine, dry “eco-fill” silica sand to a thickness of 15-20mm. A broom can be used at this stage to sweep in the sand evenly and to also brush the grass blades straight and vertical.
- Do not attempt to lift the grass by yourself. It is advised that the rolls be cut into manageable lengths before shifting.
- Always run grass in one direction.
- Ask for our formulae sheet for help to work out required amount of “eco-fill”.
- Caution: This product may become warm in direct sunlight. Please check the surface temperature before walking on it with bare feet.
For any questions, call Newturf on 1300 587 847
The installation information should be taken as a reference guide only. No representations or warranties are made regarding the installation information.
- HOW CAN I REMOVE PET URINE SMELL FROM MY SYNTHETIC TURF IN MELBOURNE
- Where Can I Buy Australian Made Synthetic Turf in Melbourne
- ANZAC DAY OPENING HOURS – WE WILL REMEBER THEM
- Synthetic Turf In Melbourne Australian Made For Your Roof Top Space
- Business as usual for Australian Made Synthetic Turf in Melbourne
- MELBOURNE SYNTHETIC TURF – COVID 19 SAFE PRACTICES
- How to reduce Urine smells from Synthetic Turf in Melbourne safely and economicaly
- Safe practices – Synthetic Turf Melbourne