For the “Do-It-Yourself’er” in you, Newturf artificial grass is a breeze to install and maintain. Follow our easy DIY Installation and Care and Maintenance instructions for a lush, beautiful lawn that will last for years to come.
A great water and money saving investment for home-owners with yards of all sizes and applications. Easy to install and maintain, Newturf artificial grass can help home owners maximise their home investment, enhance quality of life and transform unused areas into functional living spaces. Following these instructions can help create beautiful, eco-friendly landscapes that look great and save money for years to come.
Common Tools Needed
- Utility Knife
- Yard Rake
- Tape Measure
- Marking Paint
- Garden Hose
- Wide Shop Broom
Specialty Tools Needed
- Seaming Cloth (1 roll = 151 m)
- Seaming Glue (4L = 5M² or 20L = 25M²)
- Landscape Stakes (20 or 100 per package)
- Turf Rake (for bristle fibers)
- Hand Tamper (for outdoors applications)
- Sprinkler Caps (if needed)
Download Installation Instruction Guide
Layout the proposed area. Excavate the area to a depth of 80mm or required suitable depth to existing sub base. Lay 80mm of crushed rock/roadbase and compact with vibrating plate. The level of crushed rock/roadbase when compacted should be 15-20mm below “finished height” of surrounding edging/paving.
Lay your artificial grass, making sure you start from one edge and roll out. Cut the over-hanging quantities with a sharp Stanley Knife. Remove the “salvage”, black strip from both sides of the grass. This cannot be used to join the grass.
When joining rolls of grass together, be sure to use the Joining Tape along the seams. Using a 4mm notched trowel, apply Outdoor Adhesive evenly along the Joining Tape as you go. Remember to pressure roll the seams once the grass has been joined to promote good adhesion.
Once you have covered the complete area, simply nail all of the perimeters down at 500mm intervals using 150mm flat head nails or Turf Pegs as indicated.
Top dress the grass with an even sprinkling of fine, washed and dried silica sand to a depth of 15-20mm. A broom can be used at this stage to sweep in the sand evenly and to also brush the grass blades straight and vertical.
For installations over 10 sqm we strongly recommend using a Newturf Certified Installation Professional. Large installations can be very labor intensive and are not recommended for everyone. Contact Newturf and let us do the heaving lifting for you.
- Do not attempt to lift the grass by yourself. It is advised the rolls be cut into manageable lengths before shifting.
- Always run grass in one direction.
- Ask for our product specification sheet for help to work out required amount of infill.
- SYNLawn Expands Go Green Footprint with SYNLawn Australia
- Newturf grass used on The Block
- An Installation of Heritage Significance
- How To Install Your Newturf Grass
- Best Landscape Designs With Fake Grass
- Tips To Care For Artificial Grass
- The Cost Of Synthetic Grass
- The Best Playground Surfaces For Your Child